When it comes to Medicine Hat landscaping, a sod lawn is one of the most popular options for homeowners, as it’s easier to install than seed, provides instant appeal for the lawn and is generally more affordable when compared to artificial turf. Even so, sod in Medicine Hat isn’t necessarily a suitable choice in all circumstances. Below we explore some of the pros and cons of sod.
- When you install sod in Medicine Hat, you can be sure that it will look great instantly. As you prepare to write a big check as payment for your landscaping specialist, you get instant gratification as you look out at the beautiful landscape. You will certainly enjoy the finished look of sod.
- Since the sod is already growing when installed, it stands a better chance of outcompeting weeds than its seeded lawn counterparts.
iii. After installing sod, you can start walking on the lawn right away. A seed lawn, on the other hand, has a waiting period of several months before it can tolerate foot traffic.
- Sod boasts of a higher success rate when compared to seed. Unlike sod, grass seeds require plenty of water, warmth, protection from the birds, and no foot traffic for it to establish properly, meaning things are more likely to go wrong with a regular grass lawn than sod in Medicine Hat.
- Turf grass remains cool even in the scorching heat of the sun.
- Sod effectively prevents soil erosion. Upon installation of sod, it’ll control erosion, mud, and dust, because it’s already fully matured. It is also an excellent and quick filter for dust and dirt around your home.
vii. Sod makes a denser lawn. During sodding, the pieces are tightly fit together for a lush and even lawn. Unlike a natural grass lawn, no bare spots will form on your sodded yard.
- Sod costs more than the seeded lawn in terms of both materials and labour. For this reason, many homeowners planning their Medicine Hat landscaping will often install sod in areas surrounding their homes, and install the less costly seeded lawn at the edges of the property.
- There are only a few varieties available in every region. Therefore, if you have landscaping conditions, such as difficult soil or shade, then tailoring turf grass selection to match your site may prove to be a difficult endeavour.
iii. Living turf grass, whether you choose the sod or seeded options, will need watering, regular maintenance, weed and pest control, and other ongoing requirements.
It is evident from above that installing a sod lawn has many benefits over other common lawn planting methods. As you think about your Medicine Hat landscaping requirements, you may consult a specialist in your area and inquire about the additional benefits of installing sod in Medicine Hat. A landscaping company will always deliver and install the sod on your property while taking into consideration your needs and requirements. With the right landscaping experts, you’ll get help figuring out the amount of topsoil needed, as well as the most suitable places for laying the sod.